[mythtv-users] Bob deinterlacing not working

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sat Mar 1 23:16:22 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Steve Smith
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2008 2:02 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Bob deinterlacing not working

On 01/03/2008, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics
<steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> [...]
Steve,

Ok! Your're right Viktor's patch if for interlaced displays... in that case
given the lack of other info I'd go with Michaels statement that the refresh
rate of the display is too low for bob. Remember bob effectively doubles the
refresh rate, so for a 30hz file that would mean you need a display with a
60hz refresh rate. That's normal for most computer displays, but for
progressive TVs it's not likely to be the same...

I suggest you use a different deinterlacer...

Cheers

Steve