[mythtv-users] Bob deinterlacing not working

William Munson w.munson at comcast.net
Sat Mar 1 22:32:58 UTC 2008

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> [...]

Where and how to patch your software depends on your installation. If
you are running a prepackaged binary (.rpm or .deb) then you are pretty
much out of luck unless you are willing to learn how to compile and
install your own customized version. I am currently running/compiling
0.21-fixes svn driving a hdtv monitor that only does 1080i. Myth
complains that the bitrate is too low and will not do bob. I made a
small patch which effectively lies to myth and doubles the bitrate and
enabled bob2x. The display looks great and is well deinterlaced. If you
want this diff write me off list and I will take a look in the code and
find it again. I will only work against svn trunk or 0.21-fixes branches.

Vicktors origional patch is here:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/2903/interlaced_refresh_rate.diff