[mythtv-users] Display ip of of the frontend?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 03:39:38 UTC 2008

I cut the wrong part from the previous email so here was the question
I was answering..
" It says I need to sign up at either tzo.com or
dyndns.org and, from what I've read, can access my home network thru it,
even when my Comcast DHCP address changes.  Has anyone used either of
these services?  Pros or cons?  Any other security items that I should
consider if I wanted to go this route?"

>  I use dyndns. However my ip address never changes with Comcast and so
>  every few months I get an email from dyndns that my dynaimc dns will
>  expire if I do not logon and renew it. This process is pain less
>  though and takes a few seconds.. I have heard of other services that
>  are also free but do not expire but I have not looked intro that in
>  years.

Also as far as security I know of no issues.

John