[mythtv-users] Vendors, was: What's the best HD ...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Mar 1 03:14:40 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 7:45 PM, Mark wrote:

> You keep posting links to geeks.com, but by and large after looking
> around on the site  a bit,
> mostly all I find is old and refurbished stuff.  I was not impressed.
> Newegg may not be the best
> spot for everything, but they do usually carry the newer stuff and
> at a
> very competitive price.

Never said they didn't, just that you can often find a better price,
but whether it's worth the trouble is another question, 30 minutes of
effort to save $5 may not be worth it.

> I looked on geeks.com for server boards and found not much of
> anything.
> Jetway and PCChips though,
> plenty of....

It comes and goes. I just picked up a:

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/se7501br2/#anchor4

Old perhaps, but very serviceable.

Not that I'm a great Intel fan but their mobos are pretty solid.

Anyway, we're WAY OT.

beww