[mythtv-users] Analog side of pcHDTV-5500 card

Francis Hartojo fhartojo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 19:53:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Kevin Bailey
<ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I've been told that its a driver issue. I'm using 2.6.20
> but never upgraded to see if it helps.
>
> Something else I've read is to make sure that audio is
> 48kHz everywhere. I can't recall the places exactly but
> I think one is in myth setup and the other is in the
> recording profiles.

Kevin:

You could be right about it being a driver issue.  I've that card in
analogue mode, but I don't really see a choppy playback issue that you
described.  Well, not much.  But, it could also be a graphics card
issue or its driver.

I do know that older pcHDTV drivers wouldn't play sound over the PCI
bus very well.  It sounded very tinny and the picture was very choppy.
 That problem was no more once I moved to Mythbuntu 8.04 and kernel
2.6.24.

FWIW, HTH.

Thanks.
--