[mythtv-users] User Jobs and Storage Groups

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jun 27 13:10:38 UTC 2008

* On Fri Jun 27, 2008 at 07:03:48AM +0100, Ian Barton wrote:
> I am writing a script to run as a user job. I need to operate on a
> recorded program file. How can I tell which folder the file is stored in
> from the User Job? According to the wiki %DIR% is the path to the
> recording directory. However, is this correct whatever storage group the
> recording is in, or just for the Default group?

%DIR% will be the actual directory of the file if the JobQueue was able
to find the file when it searched (using the normal Storage Groups
search routines).  If the JobQueue couldn't find the file, it will
fallback to returning a myth://host:ip/filename reference.  This will
happen if your JobQueue server doesn't have the necessary storage
directory mounted or if your Storage Groups config is incorrect and
doesn't list the proper local pathnames.

> Alternatively, is there a variable I can use in a user job to determine
> which storage group a recording is in?

There is no %STORAGEGROUP% or equivalent match to get the Storage Group
name, but you really shouldn't need it since you have the actual %DIR%.

--
Chris