[mythtv-users] Flashplayer problems in www on myth [partial solution]

Alen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Fri Jun 27 04:33:04 UTC 2008

> I replaced my web browser menu item to EXEC /usr/bin/firefox so I
> don't bother with MythBrowser at all. It still "feels" like MythTV
> since I launch it from the myth menu and Myth comes back when I am
> done with the browser. :)

Did firefox start when you did "Information Center" -> "www" ?  I did
exactly what you did and it would not start firefox from within the
"www" menu.  Perhaps I missed something.

> You need to play with your alsa (or whatever sound system you're
> using) settings to get the sound to work in Firefox. I never got mine
> working in x86_64. I switched to i386 and it started working. I'm lazy.
>
> -Brad
I think what you are saying is that I need to configure alsa default
device to output to spdif so that even without passthrough, I get
spdif.  This is a subset of what is in the alsa wiki in the section for
multi.  However, as far as I can tell that documentation doesn't work.
I have not seen anyone say it works and I have seen many say they could
not get it to work.  I got spdif working fine with passthrough, but not
through alsa itself.  That works fine for MythTV but firefox doesn't
seem to support passthrough.  If you know some documentation that works
I would love to know about it.

Allen