[mythtv-users] Playing DVD with mythbuntu 8.04

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:07:31 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Alen Edwards <
allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:

> So, do I need to do anything else or am I done?

Well, a critical piece is:  Which player are you using for DVD playback?
You could be using the Internal player, xine, mplayer, or any other that is
configured.  You need to look in your MythVideo settings for the DVD
playback command.  If it is set to Internal (check the caps) then you are
using the MythTV internal player and that should be all you need.  If you
are using an external player like xine or mplayer, then that really depends
on that software, not MythTV.

Kevin