[mythtv-users] IR keyboards?

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Wed Jun 25 17:13:49 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 25 June 2008 11:28:50 am Phil Bridges wrote:
> I've seen some people here that use IR keyboards for their remote (or
> program a universal remote with their IR keyboard), relieveing
> themselves of the need to use LIRC.  I thought I'd settled down on an
> Adesso IR keyboard/receiver combo, but it appears that it doesn't play
> well with learning remotes.
>
> If you are using an IR keyboard, what model are you using?

I've got a Lite-On SK-7500 that I bought on eBay at least two years ago. I
don't know of any current source for these, but it's conceivable you could
find one on eBay or by doing a Web search. It works quite well, and my JP-1
remote emulates it quite nicely (I needed to use a JP-1 cable and program it
that way). It's handy to be able to grab the keyboard from beside my sofa and
type stuff -- either command-line commands in a text-mode console or show
titles, etc. in the MythTV user interface. Mostly the JP-1 remote is
adequate, though.

--
Rod Smith