[mythtv-users] Odd lirc behavior when using plasma display vs. CRT display

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:48:40 UTC 2008

I am finding some interesting possibilities when I google for "plasma-proof
IR receiver".  For instance, http://www.xantech.com/InfraRed

The problem is that these receivers, from what I can tell, use a 3.5mm jack
(instead of serial or usb) and expect to be plugged into an IR connecting
block.  Other than getting this plasma-proof receiver, a connecting block,
and an emitter attached to the connecting block (this puts me back to square
one since that emitter has to talk to something), is there any way to hook
this kind of thing up to my myth box?

What I really need is a plasma-proof *serial *IR receiver, but I have not
found one of those yet....