[mythtv-users] Thinking of switching distros - from Gentoo to Mythbuntu

Norm Dugas normdugas at yahoo.ca
Tue Jun 24 02:31:54 UTC 2008

I've been running Gentoo since it pretty much came out but lately, I've
been thinking of switching distros.  I've run Kubuntu on one desktop for
quite a while and was quite impressed.  I'm thinking of switching both
my backend and my frontend to keep things in sync.  Besides making a
backup of the database, is there anything else that can come and bite me
in the butt?  The OS disk would get a complete reinstall and the 8 myth
disks would remain intact and be mounted in the same location they
currently are.

Thanks,
Norm