[mythtv-users] Yet another motherboard Grrr. The ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jun 23 22:58:41 UTC 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 16:14:54 Colin McGregor wrote:

> Well, I have grumbled LOUDLY at ASUS and I now have an RMA number, so
> hopefully that will get the MAC address resolved (first grumble here
> being this COULD be fixed via changes to the BIOS. Second big grumble
> being about having to ship the motherboard to the ASUS US office in
> Indiana (the ASUS Canadian office is less than a one hour drive from
> my home...)).

Clearly this is a result of NAFTA, which allows them to consider the US and
the Canadian as the same offices, but only when convenient for them.

Like the gal who drove to Mexico to fill up her 5000 gallon gasoline tanker.
Apparently you can't do that, in spite of what NAFTA says. CNN ran a story
today with an "expert" stating that it could damage your engine to use
Mexican gas in it. I wonder what the Mexican motorists think of that.

Sort of like the pharmaceutical companies saying you could be harmed by drugs
from Canada, even though they come off the same production line.

If the MAC address is your only problem I think there are software solutions
to that, but I guess I'd make Asus fix it.

Like back in the old days of the Sun "Happy Meal" network card, which had 4
ports. Unfortunately all 4 ports had the same MAC, not a problem unless more
than one port was on the same physical network :-)

beww