[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 21:17:58 UTC 2008

On 23/06/2008, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Johan Venter wrote:
>  > Then post the results
>  > for the knowledgable users on this list to decipher and let you know if
>  > you have anything to worry about.
> Will do.
>  Does `ps aux` give the right numbers? (doubt it, from reading your comment)

I use the following simple script to monitor the RSS (resident) and
VSZ (virtual) memory usage by mythbackend:

TIME=`/bin/date +%Y-%m-%d-%H%M`
CMD=`/bin/ps -C mythbackend -o rss=,vsz=`

echo "${TIME}: ${CMD}" >> /var/log/mythtv/memusage-mythbackend.log

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: