[mythtv-users] Can't get HDHR to send IR info

jason maxwell decepticon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:15:45 UTC 2008

> > hdhomerun_config 1013xxxx set /ir/target "192.168.2.101:5000 no_clear"
> >
> > Then, I killed the running lircd and re-launched with:
> >
> > lircd -H udp -d 5000
> >
> > Then, I started irw to see if I was getting anythng.  Nothing showed up
> with
> > keypresses from my DirecTV peanut remote.
> >
> > sudo tcpdump -nS -i eth1

I don't remember the exact process I used, but I'll try...
I have DRIVER="udp" and DEVICE="5000" into /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

I'm just using my TV remote in the DVD mode for myth, so I used irrecord to
make my own /etc/lirc/lircd.conf

You have to make sure you have the right kernel modules too. I think I
recompiled my kernel and put LIRC_MODULES="i2c, udp" into
/etc/lirc/lirc-modules-source.conf
Looking at that machine now, I have udp support built-in and various i2c
modules loaded.  I think this was the step that allowed irw to show incoming
commands.

HTH
-Jason