[mythtv-users] udev and DVB-T devices

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 14:48:47 UTC 2008

On 22/06/2008, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>  My LifeView Walker Twin generates two adaptors and the only udevinfo
>  that differs between them changes on each reboot. I have nothing that
>  can reliably differentiate them.

If there is nothing in the udevinfo data that you can reliably use to
differentiate the devices, and you have other DVB devices in the
system, perhaps the DVB module has a parameter to control the DVB
minor number. It will not allow you to control each of the two DVB
devices, but it should allow you to choose at which number the adapter
numbering starts.

If the two LifeView DVB devices are on the same unit - do they get the
same signal quality and perform the same? If they do, do you really
need to control their numbering at startup?

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/