[mythtv-users] Can't see thumbnails in mythweb for recordings of CIFS share

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 17:30:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Obviously you have enough permissions that the backend can record.  Are
> preview images being created by the backend/frontend for normal use with
> mythfrontend or are you seeing problems with both those thumbnails and the
> ones mythweb is trying to make?  My gut reaction is that whatever user
> apache is launching mythbackend as to generate the previews either doesn't
> have permissions to the files or doesn't see the mount?
>
> Kevin

Permissions are not the issue, all users have full access to the
directory the files are stored in, and all users have read access to
all the files generated by myth (including the thumbnails).  I can
also use the direct download icon from mythweb to dl the mpg file, so
that further shows it is not a permission issue.  I think the issue is
what Shawn said.

When I have time, I will look into NFS.  I am just curious if that
gives me other benefits besides this.  It seems like a non-trivial
thing to set up SFU and NFS on a windows box, and if the only plus is
to make mythweb pretty, I am not sure it is worth it.