[mythtv-users] ASUS says toss my AMD board and buy an Intel board and processor.

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Fri Jun 20 02:21:45 UTC 2008

Allen Edwards wrote:
> I called Linux tech support at ASUS regarding the problem where I go
> into Low Resolution mode 1/3 of the time after reboot, and the problem
> that my air2pc card takes 5 minutes to initialize after a reboot.
>
> The conclusion was that there is a conflict between the MB and the
> air2pc card and that the solution is to either get rid of those cards,
> or get an Intel MB.  He said the Intel MB chip sets are really good
> and deal with interrupts much better than the AMD boards.  Not really
> what I wanted to hear with my new hardware.

[deleted]

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but have you checked the
contents of /proc/interrupts to see if any interrupts are shared,
especially with your air2pc card?  May not explain your 5 minute
initialization, but you never know.

Nothing unusual in /var/log/messages from the air2pc driver during bootup?