[mythtv-users] Scheduler ignores tuners on slave (except manual record)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 22:19:35 UTC 2008

On 18/06/2008, george.smith at arcor.de <george.smith at arcor.de> wrote:
> Thanks very much, the "delete all" process solved the problem. The scheduler now uses all tuners. The tuners also now have the expected numbers 1, 2 and 3 instead of strange numbers like 9, 12 and 14. I had previously been deleting and readding on specific hosts.

Card numbering is only reset when the 'Delete All' option is chosen,
as this truncates the database table, deleting all auto_increment
information. Deleting cards individually only removes a single card
entry, and card numbering continues from the previous auto_increment

By itself, the 'strange' card numbers should not prevent a system from
working normally. There will have been inconsistencies somewhere
between the capturecard, cardinput, channel and videosource tables
(either card or hostname details) causing the problems you were

Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: