[mythtv-users] ticket locking

Andrew Williams andy at tensixtyone.com
Wed Jun 18 15:15:47 UTC 2008

2008/6/18 Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl>:

<cut needed ranting>

> Valgrind is not an option here.
> My setup is quite simple/light.
> The only 'extreme' is continuously recording three channels via 7
> virtual tuners and 1 physical DVB-T tuner card.

Considering that multirec went in not too long ago, I'd classify your
setup as extreme.

> Not doing much else with the box.
>
> So yes, that is all there is.
> And I could have been a bit more specific.
> Because I was assuming that just recording was nothing special, the fact
> that it grew to 40% of the system doing so *was* special.

40% of what? Nowhere have you specified how much actual RAM you have.
40% of 512MB is acceptable, 40% of 4GB would be crazy.

> Too bad.
> We'll wait a few week so i can post all the ps -ef's etc that you need
> to believe me. I do hope you can provide an other way than valgrind to
> assist you in finding the locations of the supposed leaks.

*sigh*

No one is psychic, no one is saying your lying, stamping your feet
isn't providing more information.

If its a leak, valgrind is the best option, otherwise you'll be
looking for a needle in a haystack. Diagnosing the issue without a
valgrind log would be damm near impossible.

--
Andrew Williams
w: http://tensixtyone.com/
e: andy at tensixtyone.com