[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings - at the same time!

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 18:33:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Dean Wilson <dean.k.wilson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have four capture cards, associated with three inputs.  (Two analog
> OTA HD channels, one analog cable, and one digital cable.)
>
> But it seems that after moving to Schedules Direct some time back,
> I've had continued problems with duplicate recordings.  It seems
> almost like the recordings are marked as different shows, depending on
> which channel they're captured on.  For example, I have a recording
> schedule for "The Unit," but when I look at upcoming recordings, I see
> that myth is trying to record the same show at the same time.
>
> Digital Cable Card     The Unit         201 - CBS HD (KC)       Sat Jun 28,
> 2008
> (08:00 PM)      1 hr
> Conflict                     The Unit   5 - CBS (KC)            Sat Jun
> 28, 2008 (08:00 PM)     1 hr
> Analog Cable Card 1 The Unit    13 - CBS (Tpka.)       Sat Jun 28, 2008
> (08:00 PM)      1 hr
>
> The "Conflict" is due to my mythbox trying to record the same show on
> the same capture card on two channels at once.
>
> Looking at the channel information for all three channels listed
> above, I have the following:
>
> KCTVDT    5.1   CBS HD (KC)
> WIBW       13    CBS (Tpka.)
> KCTV        5      CBS (KC)            (Analog card)
> KCTVDT    201  CBS HD (KC)
> KCTV        5      CBS KC              (Digital card)
>
> First question: Is it a problem that I have two channel 5's?  They're
> set that way because that's the channel the cable provider uses, and I
> get the same channel on both the analog and digital cable card.
>
> Second question: Why is myth trying to record the same episode three times?
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

In addition to what was already said, if KCTV is the same lineup on both the
analog and digital cards (SD version on digital broadcast, etc) then if you
use the same xmltvid for both stations then their guide information will be
identical and you will not have slight differences in the HD vs SD versions
that could trip up the duplicate matching.  This can be done using the
frontend channel editor.

Kevin