[mythtv-users] Scheduler ignores tuners on slave (except manual record)

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 18:27:49 UTC 2008

On 6/16/08, george.smith at arcor.de <george.smith at arcor.de> wrote:
> I have a scheduler problem.
> What works: I have a sytem with two machines running debian and mythtv 0.21, one with a master backend the other with a slave backend. The master backend has one tuner, the slave has two tuners. I can watch live tv on all three tuners. With both frontends running, I can watch on any two tuners simultaneously. While one tuner is recording, I can watch live on the other two.
> What doesn't work: If I schedule two or more shows at the same time via the program guide, only one is recorded (on the master), the others are listed as conflicts. The "Tuner Status" in "Information Center/System Status" shows the other two tuners on the slave as connected, but they aren't used for recording.
> But, when I do a manual schedule of two or even three shows at the same time, this does work. Upcoming recordings lists the shows with the both the frontend and the backend tuners and all are recorded.
> Surprisingly for me, the tuners are numbered 9, 12 and 14.
> mysql> select cardid  from capturecard;
> +--------+
> | cardid |
> +--------+
> |      9 |
> |     12 |
> |     14 |
> +--------+
> I had problems with dvb reception and other things during the initial setup, and deleted and readded cards a number of times. I had expected that deleting all cards would lead to renumbering from either 0 or 1, whichever myth starts with. Maybe this is normal. I'm just noting it in case it isn't.

Have you tried the "delete all" process?  I'd do that before going any
further.  It sounds like you have a configuration problem likely
introduced in your initial attempts to get things working.


> I've tried running mythfilldatabase and restarting the backends. I've tried running "mythbackend --resched" from the command line, but I'm not sure whether I understand how to do this.  I can't seem to start a backend using "mythbackend -d --resched", not sure what args are missing.

mythbackend --resched just directs the currently running backend to do
a reschedule.  You wouldn't use this option in your main mythbackend
process.  That option shouldn't be needed unless you are messing with
your database outside or Mythtv... which isn't a good idea.

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list