[mythtv-users] Myth Scheduler doesn't work as expected for two tuners & multirecord=2

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 23:02:47 UTC 2008

On 6/14/08, Bernard Mentink <bmentink at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, it seems I am not alone is this request for muliple LiveTV sessions,
> and it sounds easy enough to do it, so why not just do it. You may just get
> a whole lot more "converts"
> to Mythtv out of it. The WAF is VERRY important, and should be a priority to
> you "devs".

I think it's probably a bad assumption that the devs want a whole lot
more converts.  It's not like they get paid more if there are a
million users.

The transition from watching TV live to watching all recorded can be
an adjustment.  I suggest taking it slow.  Most TVs have more than one
input... so use one for Myth, one for "LiveTV".  Start recording shows
you and the wife both watch on the Mythbox.  She'll really like
watching that 1 hour show in 44 minutes.  Then introduce time stretch
and watch the show in half an hour.  Pretty soon she'll want all the
shows on Myth and you'll need to buy more tuners and computers to keep
her happy!

My wife and kids watch absolutely no Live TV now and we really can't
stand the thoughts of it.  You'll find pretty quickly that it isn't
important at all.