[mythtv-users] Myth Scheduler doesn't work as expected for two tuners & multirecord=2

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 22:02:14 UTC 2008

>Actually, LiveTV is /not/ a common usage at all.  At least when it comes
>to the devs, LiveTV is probably the most uncommon usage you can find for
>MythTV.

Ok Mike,  that begs the question, are the devs developing Mythtv for the
"devs" or the "users"?

I know in my case, to initially get the WAF (Wife acceptance factor) and FAF
(Family) then you should be able to have several LiveTV sessions available,
especially if you
are using PC's to replace dedicated stanalone TV's with benifits, having
"TV's" that can't receive all channels is just not acceptable ..... The
other benifits of Mythtv by recording nearly everything on schedule, then
watching later, is something that hasto be introduced gradually to the
family, as it is a foreign concept, especially to this "now" genearation of
kids ..... my 2c.

Anyway, it seems I am not alone is this request for muliple LiveTV sessions,
and it sounds easy enough to do it, so why not just do it. You may just get
a whole lot more "converts"
to Mythtv out of it. The WAF is VERRY important, and should be a priority to
you "devs".

Thanks Shane for the tip on changing inputs, missed that setting on the OSD.
(Note however it does take 10 seconds to change, brobably mostly lock time
..)

Cheers,
Bernie.