[mythtv-users] OT: How's this hardware list looking?

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 08:14:01 UTC 2008

Andrew Dennison wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:53 AM, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
>
> [AMD X2 based pc specs deleted]
>
>> That should all go together fine in may old brick of an ATX case in the
>> garage shouldn't it?
>
> Remember that you will probably need a new power supply. New
> motherboards draw CPU power from a dedicatd 12V connector and the main
> ATX connector is now 24pin. You shiny new graphics card _may_ also
> expect a seperate power connector. Something like a Antec Earthwatts
> 380 power supply should  do the trick - one example of a cheap and
> relatively efficient PSU.

Thanks for that.

I 'think' that I've got a pretty good PSU in there. The old one died and
I got a good one last year. I'm not sure about any separate graphics
card power though so I'll bare that in mind and not be surprised if I
have to buy new when it comes.

Is there any way to find out about this before I order?

Damian