[mythtv-users] OT: How's this hardware list looking?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 14 00:23:31 UTC 2008

On 06/13/2008 07:48 PM, Andrew Dennison wrote:
> Remember that you will probably need a new power supply. New
> motherboards draw CPU power from a dedicatd 12V connector and the main
> ATX connector is now 24pin. You shiny new graphics card _may_ also
> expect a seperate power connector. Something like a Antec Earthwatts
> 380 power supply should  do the trick - one example of a cheap and
> relatively efficient PSU.

I keep meaning to Kill-A-Watt test my EarthWatts 480 versus an old cheap
PSU on the same mythbackend to see how it affects power usage.  Perhaps
in 2 weeks.  (Would have been easier if a friend wasn't borrowing my
Kill-A-Watt when I had the old PSU in the backend and before
uninstalling it and installing the EarthWatts...)

Mike