[mythtv-users] MythTV Help please!

Depo Catcher depocatcher at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 06:45:26 UTC 2008

I finally switched over to MythTV from Microsoft's Media Center and
having lots tons of problems!

I'm using Mythbuntu on an MSI Media Live PC, the wiki claimed it was
supported.

First: MythTV isn't working.  I install it from CD-Rom and it asked me
for the root password to MySQL, I entered that and then another screen
came up.  I pressed the 'Go Back' button (I needed to write something
down) and it went 'forward'!  I hit it again and it skipped ahead!  So
there is two screens of information that I didn't even get to read (plus
the MySQL information).  One one about a webfront end or something, I
don't know what the other is about.  How do I re-read these screens?
Where is this information stored?

Secondly, it loads up and I start MythTV and it says "no UPNP device".
Then it gives me connection options, I enter in what it created for me,
but can't connect.

Thirdly, the database on localhost is empty.  I run mythfilldatabase or
whatever and it errors out because the database it's there.

Finally, neither my remote nor the LCD display in front works.  I know
the hardware works because it worked under Media Center.

-Dean