[mythtv-users] MythTV Help please!

Depo Catcher depocatcher at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 06:45:26 UTC 2008

I finally switched over to MythTV from Microsoft's Media Center and
having lots tons of problems!

I'm using Mythbuntu on an MSI Media Live PC, the wiki claimed it was

First: MythTV isn't working.  I install it from CD-Rom and it asked me
for the root password to MySQL, I entered that and then another screen
came up.  I pressed the 'Go Back' button (I needed to write something
down) and it went 'forward'!  I hit it again and it skipped ahead!  So
there is two screens of information that I didn't even get to read (plus
the MySQL information).  One one about a webfront end or something, I
don't know what the other is about.  How do I re-read these screens?
Where is this information stored?

Secondly, it loads up and I start MythTV and it says "no UPNP device".
Then it gives me connection options, I enter in what it created for me,
but can't connect.

Thirdly, the database on localhost is empty.  I run mythfilldatabase or
whatever and it errors out because the database it's there.

Finally, neither my remote nor the LCD display in front works.  I know
the hardware works because it worked under Media Center.