[mythtv-users] Audio/video too fast on 2.6.25.4-10

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:53:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Christopher X. Candreva
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:

> I just updated the kernel on my fedora 8 machine to 2.6.25.4-10, and
> afterwards all audio and video in every program I tried (Myth, mplayer,
> mpg123, and aplay) is too fast.  This is both with and without pulse running
>
> sound driver is snd_intel8x0  , onboard audio for a 1ghz Dell Optiplex
>
> Booting the old 2.6.24.7-92 kernel restores normal audio and video.
>
> I'm stumped. Every search I've tried (2.6.25  audio speed timing , and
> variations there of) has turned up no one else with this problem.
> Has anyone else had this, or can find mention of it anywhere ?

Have you noticed if the time/date on the machine runs too fast as
well?  It could be a change with the timer frequency in your kernel.
This is known to happen on improperly patched kernels for the XBOX:

http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Porting_an_Operating_System_to_the_Xbox_HOWTO#Timer_Frequency

Did you compile the kernel yourself?

--
Joe Ripley