[mythtv-users] Mobo Advice - 7050/8200/690G/780G ?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Jun 12 14:18:11 UTC 2008

At 9:32 AM -0400 6/11/08, Steven Adeff wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Dan Wilga
><mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
>  > At 1:43 PM -0400 6/10/08, Steven Adeff wrote:
>  >>On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Dan Wilga
>  >><mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
>  >>  > I keep X (and Myth) running in 1080p all the time, and it works
>  >>>  almost perfectly with a 5000+ processor. I say "almost" because I
>  >>>  still get a tear during some scenes with fast motion.
>  >>
>  >>UseEvents=True
>  >
>  > Unfortunately, that makes no difference, and neither do the vblank
>  > sync options in nvidia-settings. I can cause the location of the tear
>  > to change by forcing Myth to use a different vblank method, such as
>  > RTC or usleep, but it's still there. It's an interesting reverse-Z
>  > shape, kind of like this ASCII art:
>odd, I wonder if the output frequency is wrong?
>have you tried 720p output?

Yes, and it's actually worse. I'm using a 1080p-native LCD TV, so
it's also a bit less sharp due to scaling.

>  have you tried with an other deinterlacing method?

Yes, and even setting the TV into 1080i and turning all deinterlace
filters off in Myth. Same thing.

>perhaps you need to dedicate more RAM to the card in your BIOS?

There doesn't seem to be any way to do that in the BIOS. I did try
changing the "framebuffer size" from "auto" to 64 Mb, but that didn't
help. According to "lspci" it's still using 32 Mb.