[mythtv-users] DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite, Latest Kernel Drivers, & Video Corruption

Matthew Redmon mredmon at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 03:31:45 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Matthew Redmon <mredmon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Sebastien Astie <sastie at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just to make sure, do you have a TV with a QAM tuner ?
>>
>> If so I would try to connect it at the same outlet with the same cable you
>> used for your Fusion cartd.
>> If you get the same artifacts something maybe wrong with your line.
>> It will help to narrow the problem down to the card / kernel module if the
>> TV gets a perfect reception...

>>> Thank you for the suggestion but that doesn't seem to be the problem
>>> I'm having.  I didn't think it was since it occurred over all the
>>> channels but only when in linux.  To make sure, I ran a cable directly
>>> from one of my tuners to the cable outlet, bypassing my amp, and
>>> tested it.  I got the same corruption (the same level of corruption,
>>> too).
>>>
>>> Any more suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> ~Matt
>
> No, I don't have a TV with a QAM tuner.  I have an HD-capable LCD that
> is being fed with a VGA connection to the computer.  I REALLY don't
> think that there is anything wrong with the line.  I'm leaning towards
> a driver problem.  Any ideas where to go from there?  Anyone?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ~Matt

I'm still having problems.  I downloaded and ran 4 live cd distros
(mythbuntu, slax, nimblex, kanotix) and all 4 were able to pull video
from the DViCO card with NO problems.  As far as I can tell, the dvb
drivers are the same in those 4 and FC9.  Was there any change in DVB
drivers between 2.6.24 (that the live cd distros I tried all run) and
2.6.25 (that FC9 uses)?  Anyone out there that uses this combination
(DViCO Fusion 5 Lite + FC9)?  Or any 2.6.25 kernel?

Thanks!

~Matt