[mythtv-users] osx-packager doesn't build Qt?

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Wed Jun 11 01:02:16 UTC 2008

scram69 wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 10:06 PM, scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> After much searching, I found the source of the error in the script
>> ./src/myth-svn/mythtv/configure:
>> has_library libqt-mt ||
>>    die "ERROR! You must have a threaded Qt installed to compile MythTV."
>>
>> So I commented out those two lines and ran osx-packager again.  It
>> failed on the very next two lines:
>> enabled lamemp3 && has_library libmp3lame && has_header lame/lame.h ||
>>    die "ERROR! You must have the Lame MP3 encoding library installed
>> to compile MythTV."
>>
>> Now the ./build/lib/ directory is chock full of files like
>> libmp3lame*.dylib and libQt*.dylib, so I must be doing something very
>> basic wrong.
>> I install Xcode tools, and i download and run the osx-packager script.
>>  What else am I missing?
>>

> Well, I'm going  to follow the instructions under the error message
> and post it to the dev list-

You can post it to the dev list, it may very well be a problem that they
need to fix.  But, in my experience, if you are trying to compile the
release-21-fixes branch, your best bet is to use the osx-packager.pl in
the specific branch you want to compile.

For example, if you wanted to build the current trunk release, use the
osx-packager.pl from the trunk svn repository.  If you want to build the
release-21-fixes branch, use the osx-packager.pl from that branch.
Otherwise, you end up with weird errors and problems that probably don't
need to be fixed.