[mythtv-users] MythTV on AppleTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jun 9 18:07:59 UTC 2008

On Jun 9, 2008, at 10:27 AM, robbinsck1 at gmail.com wrote:

> How do I map buttons in mythtv with the remote anyway? I know how to
> do it with the keyboard but I need to change a few buttons on my
> remote. For example I'd like to use "exit" to go back in stead of
> "stop"

Step 1. Stop top-posting. ;)
Step 2. Go to Map Keys in Setup (not in front of it right now, so I
don't know the exact name).
Step 3. Locate the command you want to change.
Step 4. Add a key mapping. When it asks you to press a key, press the
button on your remote instead.

This will work in most cases when your remote is acting like a key
input device (with lirc).
The other option is to remap what your remote is sending in your lirc
config files, but the above method is probably easier.