[mythtv-users] recording from SCART

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 14:21:22 UTC 2008

On 09/06/2008, Bert Van Kets <mythtv-users at vankets.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I just got digital television here in Belgium using Telenet as a
> provider. They have a specific decoder box with its proper remote. This
> box only has SCART out for the digital channels. Normally, this would be
> connected to the TV, however I want to get this signal go through my
> MythTV box so I have all the good stuff. ;-)
>
> How can I capture the signal from the SCART connector using one of my
> two PVR-150 cards in my FEBE MythTV 0.20 system?
> I could use the S-VHS connection for video, but what about audio?

The PVR150 has a separate audio input for recording from SVideo.
You've just got to find the right cable with a SCART input on one end
and SVideo and audio out on the other.

SCART includes audio - you've just got to find the right cable.  Make
sure you get the right direction ie SCART to SVideo/Audio, rather than
SVideo/Audio to