[mythtv-users] Slightly OT LCD/Plasma TV 720 or 1080 UK

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 10:25:47 UTC 2008

Hello Friendly people!

I hope you don't mind this slightly OT question but I am sure plenty
of people here have been through the same process, from the same
perspective as I am.  I'm looking to get a new TV in the not too
distant future however I'm not too sure what to go for.  I'm not even
at the choosing a model yet but just looking in more general
specifications.

What are peoples thoughts on 720 vs 1080?  (HD Ready vs Full HD) on
sets that are 32" or 37".  The general consensus seems to be that 1080
doesn't really bring any benefit on that screen size but I was
wondering whether that held true when hooked up to a PC?  In my
particular setup it will be running Myth 90+% of the time but I would
quite like the ability to drop back to a normal desktop occasionally.
Anything else in particulat to look out for/avoid for MythTV specific
use.

I'm purposefully not mentioning what the mythfrontend system as it's
certainly not up to HD and will likely be upgraded at some point.

Thanks

Stephen.