[mythtv-users] DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite, Latest Kernel Drivers, & Video Corruption

Matthew Redmon mredmon at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 15:38:58 UTC 2008

Hi!  I've been trying to get my two DViCO FusionHDTV 5 Lite cards working
with a new install of FC9.  Everything seems to work just fine except that
the video I get from the cards is corrupt (see video at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1tsiPB8us).  I know the cards are fine, as
they worked on this machine previously using FC5 and they currently work if
I boot into Windows XP.

I am using the drivers included in the 2.6.25.3-18 kernel to record QAM-256
cable from Comcast in Seattle, WA.

The cards are correctly auto-detected as card 135 with tuners 0043 & 0061.
I scanned for channels using dvb-apps and used a script to cut down the ~250
channels found to just those that would tune (presumably, the unencrypted
channels).  Of those 56, they all have the corruption seen in the video.

Any ideas?  Anybody have one of these cards working with a recent kernel?

Thanks!

~Matt