[mythtv-users] Customized button types?

adder nashville_strigoi at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 6 21:00:29 UTC 2008

Greetings -

I'm trying to get the Sirius hack (as listed in the wiki) looking
pretty, and have come across an issue in reworking/adding to the
current theme. I was wondering, is it possible to make a 'custom'
button type (say I wanted type SIRIUS_BUZZSAW or something of that
nature, so that I could use a specific image for this channel's
watermark)? I tried to set one up, but after putting the info in

  <buttondef name="SIRIUS_BUZZSAW">

and then into my siriusmenu.xml: (linked from the media menu)

      <action>EXEC /usr/bin/sipie_myth play buzzsaw</action

but when I try to go to the SIRIUS_MENU now, it simply crashes mythtv.
I'm assuming it's due to this custom type, since prior to adding the
type, the sirius setup was working fine with default types.

Have I simply skipped a step, or can there not be a custom type name?

Thanks -