[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun for sale.

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Jun 5 18:38:24 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> The most common scam these days is to overpay with what appears to be a
> cashier's check, asking you to return the overpayment. By the time your bank
> figures out the check is bad (which can be 2 weeks or more) you are stuck for
> the total amount, including what you sent to the buyer.

I've heard that it's almost impossible to sell electronic gear on eBay
these days, because those scammers are so persistent.  The winning bid
is almost always a scammer, so you never end up actually selling the
item.  There was a guy on Consumerist a while back who complained he
relisted the same laptop three times and never did manage to have a
valid buyer put in the winning bid.