[mythtv-users] HD HomeRun for sale.

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 5 18:36:21 UTC 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 11:56:17 Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jun 5, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Robert Jones wrote:
> > I sincerely hope this isn't out-of-place here.  If it is, my profuse
> > apologies are proffered in advance.
>
> It is. The user list isn't a marketplace. Besides, you could get more
> money on ebay. They even have a system in place to help protect buyers/
> sellers from fraud.

The good news is that they have the system you mention in place. The bad news
is that they desperately need it, and that it only works if the parties use
common sense, which apparently doesn't happen all the time.

The most common scam these days is to overpay with what appears to be a
cashier's check, asking you to return the overpayment. By the time your bank
figures out the check is bad (which can be 2 weeks or more) you are stuck for
the total amount, including what you sent to the buyer.

I used to buy things off ebay, but I wouldn't do so today, just too many
crooks on that site.

beww