[mythtv-users] Is this a good system spec?

Alex Harford harford at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 19:29:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Allen Edwards
<allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:

> So, I am now researching to find something with all the required outputs on
> the rear panel.  I need:
> 1) DVI
> 2) SVideo
> 3) SPDIF, either coax or options
> 4) L and R audio.
> 5) USB and KVM
>
> I can't find a barebones system that does this so I am now looking at cases
> and MBs.  I will post what I find and, as always, am open to suggestions.

I am looking at the Asus M2N-VM.

It meets your requirements, except for SPDIF or SVideo.  But according
to the manual there is a SPDIF header on the motherboard can be used
with this module:
http://www.anitec.ca/product/9567/asus_spdif_module_oem/

SVideo is another story.  Add a video card? :(

Alex