[mythtv-users] Faster CPU and more RAM in SD frontend or backend?

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Tue Jun 3 15:42:57 UTC 2008

> FWIW, the following may be relavent too:
>

> http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/18/massive-google-hard-drive-survey-turns-up-very-interesting-thing/

Yeah, I actually remember reading about that study. So I hadn't worried too
much about heat on my hard drives. But I thought throwing 4 in an old Dell
case with one fan might be pushing it.

is 'just TV' and that is kind of why I like to experiment around with new
stuff on my MythTV box. I suppose I am some sort of Linux masochist, but if
I didn't break my MythTV box every year or so with dist-upgrades or hardware
changes, I wouldn't know hardly anything about Linux. I think I may want to
do software RAID in the future on a production box or a Linux file server.
So I wanted to set it up on my MythTV backend to learn more about it. I am
not too worried if my system gets hosed, I have seen all of my season
finallies. So if I'm going to screw up my MythTV system, I think the summer
is the best time to do it. ;)