[mythtv-users] Sudden DVB issue

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 3 13:35:33 UTC 2008

Ian Clark wrote:
> Sounds like your kernel update might not have the right drivers in it?
>
> Do you have a /dev/video0
>
> if so, does it have the right permissions (ie, can the user running
> mythbackend read from it.)
>

> 2008/6/3 Harry Devine <lifter89 at comcast.net
> <mailto:lifter89 at comcast.net>>:
>
>     I have a pcHD5500 card, and noticed in my backend logs tonight right
>     after a scheduled recording started, that I got errors like this over
>     and over:
>
>     2008-06-02 21:49:41.001 NVR(/dev/video0) Error: Resetting and
>     re-queueing
>     2008-06-02 21:49:50.884 NVR(/dev/video0) Error: DQBUF ioctl failed.
>                            eno: Input/output error (5)
>

>     It doesn't look like the recording is happening.  I look at my
>     recordings directory and don't see anything with today's date on
>     it.  I
>     don't really know when this started happening, but it could've been
>     happen since I updated some things that came up (updated kernel,
>     updated
>     mythtv packages from atrpms.net <http://atrpms.net>, etc.).  I'm
>     not saying that's it, but
>     just wanted to mention that that happened recently.
>
>     Any ideas on where I can look to fix this?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Harry

Yep, video0 is there:

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root       6 2008-05-31 17:55 video -> video0
crw-rw----+ 1 root root 81,   0 2008-06-03 07:04 video0

mythbackend runs as root (as a service), so it looks like it can run
from it to me.  That card has an analog portion and an digital portion
and is setup by Myth as 2 seperate cards.  The analog part I use for
"basic" cable, i.e. 2->99, and the digital portion I use for the OTA HD
stuff (like ABC HD; channel 231 in my case).

Thanks,
Harry