[mythtv-users] HD-PVR. Anyone received one yet?

Robert McNamara iamlindoro at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 17:30:41 UTC 2008

The devices are in Myth and driver developer hands, and there are some minor
issues that need to be worked out before the driver can be released.  I
wouldn't expect much "beta user" testing on the driver, it will most likely
see outright release when the author feels comfortable with it.  There is
heavy discussion on the problem in the IRC channel, and if you idle in there
for a bit you'll understand what the holdup is.

I've received my HD-PVR, and I know that the Myth and linux development is
all but done.  I understood when I preordered (in the first 30 minutes of
preorders :) )  that it would likely take a tiny bit of time before it was
ready to become my primary tuner.  The fact that the driver is as far along
as it is is a huge testament to the driver's author and the assistance of
Hauppauge, and I hope that we see people showing appropriate appreciation
when everything is in good working order.  Which, by the by, should be very
very soon.  Hang in there.

Robert