[mythtv-users] Video card for two X servers

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 11:39:57 UTC 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 11:24 PM, jonny Linux <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning on upgrading my combined frontend/backend/desktop machine
> soon, and I was just wondering what video card would be best for my
> situation.
>
> I'm going to install Fedora 9, I'm using DVB-T in the UK, I'm planning on
> getting a Q6600 (Quad 2.4GHz) processor so XVMC isn't really an issue. But
> what I'd like to do is have a CRT connected via S-Video and my widescreen
> TFT via DVI (or VGA if necessary).

Hi

I've now bought a new TV with DVI and HDMI inputs, I want to use it as a
MythTV display (instead of the CRT as described above). I have my original
monitor connected by VGA, and I'd like to use DVI to connect to my new
monitor. Can somebody tell me what graphics card would support this? Would
my current FX5200 do it?

Thanks,

Jonny