[mythtv-users] Myth thinks capture cards are gone due to invalid SQL query

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Sun Jun 1 18:25:21 UTC 2008

> 0.20.2 had parentid and childcardid, so rather than someone upgrading
> you past 0.20.2, it sounds like you're now running some downgraded
> version.

Curious.  Does a script even exist to do a schema downgrade?

> More likely, though, is your DB is corrupt.
>
> Run optimize_mythdb.pl (from contrib). After that, if it still doesn't
> work, try the Delete all capture cards thing (
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 ).

I wondered about that, but can't find any evidence of it.  I can query
both tables just fine.  Having a column simply disappear seems like a
very unlikely manifestation of database corruption.  Having two
(presumably) related columns in two different tables disappear seems
even less likely.

I've run optimize_mythdb.pl and it runs without complaints.  I've
deleted video sources and capture cards, but that doesn't seem to have
solved the problem.  The two missing columns have not reappeared
(assuming they were ever there) in the tables.  I can add the video
sources back without problem.  When I add the capture cards back they do
appear in the table, but they don't show up in mythtv-setup due to the
query failure on parentid.

Every time I start the backend or mythtv-setup I see a message that it
is doing a schema upgrade.  I'm assuming this is just a check that is
done at every startup, and doesn't really indicate that it's doing
anything.  Can anyone confirm this?

Is there a way I can check for further differences between my schema and
what is expected for 0.20.2?  Is there a way to force it to upgrade the
schema?

Thanks for the help so far.  Anything further would be greatly
appreciated as well.

Doug