[mythtv-users] SEEKTABLE don't work when importing mpeg files in MythTv ?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jul 31 05:12:34 UTC 2008

On 29-Jul-08, at 11:21 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> For MPEG-2 (at least that not created with PVR-x50's), you'll almost
> always need to use mythtranscode --buildindex, rather than
> mythcommflag
> --rebuild.

Is it worth changing myth.rebuilddatabase.pl to always use
mythtranscode for mpg files? In other words, would it be wrong to use
it for mpg files which originate from PVR-x50s?

Many thanks to the original poster for asking the question - I hit
this exact problem yesterday and wondered if there was something wrong
with my input files. After a couple of quick mythtranscode lines all
was well.

- George