[mythtv-users] OTA interference with cable causing ghosting

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Jul 31 02:39:08 UTC 2008

Use RG-6Q cable and professional connectors attached with a high
quality crimp tool.

Connectors: https://www.tselectronic.com/thomandbetts/sns.html
crimp tool like this:
https://www.tselectronic.com/paladin/901024.html
Cable like this:
https://www.tselectronic.com/belden/1189.html

And, if you get this stuff, you can use these cables for your audio
and video interconnects with this:
https://www.tselectronic.com/gc/video/video_adaptor.html

Some people prefer this wire:
https://www.tselectronic.com/belden/7916a.html
or similar with solid coper center conductor but I have used the coper
coasted steel stuff without issue.

I had the same issue with off the air interfering with cable until I
got this kind of cable.

Cheers,

Allen

Allen