[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA LN10000EG

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jul 29 14:33:29 UTC 2008

Frans-Willem Hardijzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I currently have a MythBuntu box with several tuners recoding all my
> favourite shows, which I then watch on my PC using mythtv player.
> However, I'm considering buying a small frontend system to put next to
> my TV so I can get the full MythTV experience.
> As I'd prefer a small and cheap box, I figured the VIA EPIA LN10000EG
> would probably be a good choice. It's got all I need onboard, and is
> only 100E with a 1GHz CPU included.
> They claim it's compatible with Linux, but I'm quite pessimistic about that.
>
> Is there anyone that has any experience with this particular board or a
> similar chipset ?
> I'm especially interested in MythBuntu diskless client usage, and the
> TV-out capabilities.

I'm using one of these with MiniMyth (network booting). Problem: can get rather
warm during use, probably depends on the kind of box you put it in.

Also, I get picture tearing during scenes with large amounts of movement. I
suspect that I have not yet got my playback profiles adjusted correctly.

Otherwise, it's quite good, worked out the box.

--

Mike Perkins