[mythtv-users] Firewire recording troubles

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 29 02:07:39 UTC 2008

OK, I've let this go for a few weeks until I found a pattern, so now I'm
going to post my issue.  I record a few shows from my STB via Firewire.
All of the shows are on the USA HD feed since that's the only way I can
get them.  Well, every time a show records, the STB resets itself about
25 minutes into the show.  It appears as though the power plug was
pulled and the box power-cycles itself back to operation.  When this
happens, I see the following in my /var/log/messages:

Jul 28 21:26:33 HJDMyth kernel: ieee1394: Error parsing configrom for
node 0-00:1023
Jul 28 21:26:33 HJDMyth kernel: ieee1394: Error parsing configrom for
node 0-01:1023

The recording seems to continue on from that point.  I could record
these shows on the SD feed that's on my analog tuner (pcHD5500), but
they look and sound horrible.  I asked about this about 3 weeks ago, but
didn't get any answers that seemed to resolve it for me (see
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/340557 for that
thread;  feel free to jump in there if you have an answer  :-) ).

I'm running kernel 2.6.24.5-85.fc8 on Fedora 8 x64 and the following
MythTV version:

[root at HJDMyth ~]# mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 17180M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

Thanks for any help!
Harry