[mythtv-users] Problem viewing live tv and video/dvd

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 00:20:17 UTC 2008

On 28/07/2008, Luke Guildner <luke.guildner at gmail.com> wrote:

>  with decent signal strength as well.  Though, when I try to view live
>  T.V. I only get a frame or two, and then the video locks up.  I get a
>  bit more sound, but after a few seconds, that begins to stutter to the
>  point of not being able to understand anything at all.  I am unable to
>  change channels or do anything other than exit back out of live T.V.
>   I have scheduled a few shows to be recorded, and it seems that they
>  successfully recorded, as the preview looked smooth and is not missing
>  frames, but when I attempt to play it, while better than live tv, it
>  seems to be only showing every tenth frame, and the sound is choppy.

Please check your video playback and audio settings in mythfrontend
setup and report back on their current settings. As xine (and by
extension Kaffeine) do not have problems playing back video it would
seem at this stage to problem is confined to MythTV.

You can also capture and check the mythfrontend logfile (or console
output) for playback errors.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: