[mythtv-users] XvMC question

John H arizonamythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 19:51:10 UTC 2008

You may want to test xvmc with mplayer. This way you'll know if it's a
system issue or myth setup issue. Not sure of the proper syntax but
you could probably google to find out how.

I've used xvmc on a PVR150 and a DVB card. Didn't notice any
improvement with the 150. I need to use xvmc with the DVB or the
program guide is horribly slow. As for the OSD flicker, I had to check
the OSD fade off. I've used two card one Ge 5500 and a Ge 7300. The
7300 didn't stutter with OSD but the 5500 does so I'm guessing part of
the problem is the card memory size. I changed to the 5500 since xvmc
doesn't provide a color OSD with the 7300. One other thing to note is
PiP doesn't work with xvmc.