[mythtv-users] Screen corruption with fglrx X driver

David Gee david at allpowerfuldave.com
Mon Jul 28 03:31:18 UTC 2008

Thanks for the suggestion Lauri, unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. I
also discovered an interesting new twist to this problem today: in the
Fedora 8 installation on the same box (I was running Fedora 9 when I ran
into this problem), with exactly the same version of mythtv and Xorg, also
running the fglrx driver, the display output is perfect and TV playback is
flawless. The only difference I can think of that would account for this is
the difference in the version of the Kernel, although it's only a minor
point difference - both are 2.6.25 stock Fedora kernels, and the F9 kernel
is more recent than the F8 kernel.

Just to clarify, this screen corruption occurs in the MythTV menus as well
as during TV/video playback.

Regards
David